“Wendy Davis Is Pro-Life” and Other Lies That Nobody Would Ever Believe

wendy davisTexas state senator and gubernatorial hopeful Wendy Davis, who became the darling of the abortion lobby after her filibuster of the Texas bill banning abortions after 20 weeks, has declared that she is “pro-life.”

Huh.  Really?

No, not really.

What she said is this:

“I am pro-life.  I care about the life of every child: every child that goes to bed hungry, every child that goes to bed without a proper education, every child that goes to bed without being able to be a part of the Texas dream, every woman and man who worry about their children’s future and their ability to provide for that future. I care about life and I have a record of fighting for people above all else.”

Of course, what she meant is this:

“I’m running for governor here in Texas, so I have to pretend I’m something I’m not because it just won’t do to get up in front of a crowd in a socially conservative state and proclaim that it’s okay to kill people as long as they are really small and inconvenient for you.”

It’s certainly not a new tactic for defenders of atrocities to change the meanings of words in order to hide the reality of the horrors they support, but this is pretty bold for Wendy Davis to just march right out and declare herself the complete opposite of what she is.

I wonder how it would have gone over if some other people had used the Wendy Davis approach…

hitler

“I’m Jewish! No really, I am! Why don’t you believe me?”

david duke

“I’m black. Seriously.”

osama

“I’m American! Born and raised Detroit. True story!”

nero

“Christianus meum est…or something.  Just get in the Colosseum.”

custer

“How!”

DarthVader

“I’m a Hobbit!”

sauron

“No, I’m a Hobbit!”

DarthVader

“What can I be?”

pedro

“You could be an Ewok or something.”

DarthVader

“I’m an Ewok!”

mel gibson

“I’m gay!”

chuck norris

“I knew it!”

Categories:Abortion Democratic Party Humor Pro-Life

21 thoughts on ““Wendy Davis Is Pro-Life” and Other Lies That Nobody Would Ever Believe

1. ML says:

In herr conscience, she must know that abortion is evil, or she would not try to present herself as the opposite of what she is. I wouldn’t present myself as pro abortion, even in a heavily pro abortion area, but rather, try to convert the pro aborts to pro life.

2. Angela says:

I found this post tasteless and trite and insulting even to the very victims it is meant to protect. Genocide is not funny. Hitler is not funny. Abortion is not Star Wars. And, as far as that goes, Davis made a good point: how “pro-life” is a political party that cuts food aid to the very children it claims to want to protect? Perhaps it is time we all examine our pro-life claims seriously. What if the “heathen” Davis has something important to tell us? . . . but then again, you’re right: it’s easier to be crude than thoughtful.

This was my first visit to this site, and I will not be back.

3. Michael says:

She ought to be asked Pro-Life Fetus?

4. Richard J. McEwen says:

Hold on there, thru the magic of a “photoshop” type program, I was able to put short black hair and a smudgy mustache on Wendy…she doe look a little like Hitler. However, the Darth Vader overlay was much more effective. I think I solved the puzzle, Darth Vader is Wendy.

5. chris c. says:

Anyone who has followed this story in the news the last several weeks is aware of who Wendy Davis is, and how she is being promoted as an abortion rights champion in the press. I have no issues with this story. If a backer of abortion can cast themselves as “pro-life”, they are selling a lie. None of the comparisons, including the Hitler one, are out of bounds. That is unless one thinks that being pro-life and destroying innocent children in the womb are compatible.

6. Laura Broussard says:

You people need to lighten up. I thought this article was very funny and Wendy Davis proved she is vehemently pro abortion when she filibustered for hours against a bill that would protect a baby after 20 weeks gestation. You people do realize this is when a mother feels the baby kicking, right? It doesn’t matter what political reason she had for filibustering. This was the same bill that had rabid feminists screaming “hail Satan” and giving kudos to Davis. Yes, this one was black and white. What a ridiculous thing to think it was not. The author was not comparing her to Hitler, he was showing how ridiculous her lies are. It would have been the same as Hitler saying he was a Jew. Get it? Obviously not. Do you think the author was comparing her to Darth Vader too? Are you a closet pro abortionist or something? I for one am tired of “not rocking the boat” or “let’s not hurt their feelings”. Crap on being diplomatic. It never works on those who bow at the altar of abortion. They need to be shown the truth, not tiptoed around! Everyone I showed this article to laughed because they know it is true. I really don’t think it was the author’s intent to evangelize with this article. I think it was to point out blatant hypocrisy. Good grief, people!

1. Angela says:

Actually, Pope Francis disagrees with you. We are supposed to be loving even to the evil. We are supposed to “witness always, use words only when necessary.” Please consider the fact that you are using your religion to fuel your political hate, and the Pope says that is wrong, too. Why can’t I find a conservative Catholic voice that is not self-righteous and hateful? Am I looking in the wrong places?

1. chris c. says:

Good to see that you acknowledge that what Ms. Davis represents is evil. From your first post I was not sure. In any event glad you decided to come back notwithstanding your assertion that you would not do so.