AmP Weekend Poll: What’s your vocation?

As we wrap up National Vocation Awareness Week 2011 I’m interested to find out: “what do you think is your vocation?”

Obviously if you are IN a vocation you are pretty sure – but asking the question this way allows us all to participate.

Please share this poll among your friends, feel free to add comments below (and let me know if I need to re-write any of the options to be more precise!)

25 thoughts on “AmP Weekend Poll: What’s your vocation?

1. Mr Flapatap says:

After almost five years of formation to become a permanent deacon, I would have checked the option in the survey. However, at 43 the recent post about continence may put a halt on that.

2. Kathleen says:

On May 1st I will be entering into the cloister as a Discalced Carmelite. Praise be Jesus Christ!

1. Curious says:

Praising God for this very blessed calling you have answered. God Bless.

3. Rebekah says:

+JMJ+

I voted religous nun or sister. Does anybody know of a group of sisters who are dedicated to apologetics, theology, and teaching adults? You all have probably heard of Michael Voris on RealCatholicTV.org. I LOVE what he does, but I can’t seem to find an order that is interested in that. Any suggestions?

1. pearls says:

Have you looked into the Religious Sisters of Mercy in Alma, Michigan? Or perhaps the Community of St John – apostolic sisters? Many blessings and best wishes in your search!

1. Rebekah says:

+JMJ+

Thank you very much, pearls. The information was extremely helpful. God Bless!!! Yours in Christ, Rebekah

4. Robin Burgess says:

As a married former Anglican priest who was ordained in the Catholic Church I understand that, in order that I could be so ordained, I was dispensed (by Pope John Paul) from the obligation of celibacy and therefore am at liberty to have normal married relations with my wife. How could being dispensed from the obligation mean anything else? It seems quite absurd (and contrary to our understanding of the sacrament of marriage) to say to someone, you can be ordained as a married man but you have to live as a celibate. I imagine that anyone in this situation will, like me, ignore these arcane arguments and exercise common sense – and know that we are in accord with canon law in doing so.

1. Vermont Crank says:

“It seems quite absurd (and contrary to our understanding of the sacrament of marriage) to say to someone, you can be ordained as a married man but you have to live as a celibate.” ++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, The “Directa” and “Cum in Unum” of Pope St Siricius (ad 384) teaches precisely the opposite of your claim.++++

But, it sure is nice to have you mock our 2000+ year tradition of continent clergy.

2. Curious says:

Robin,
      I am not being critical of your post, nor questioning it. I did want to add a thought though. There is a family that was ordained and celibate. Mary and Joseph, our Holy Family, were definitely called to be celibate as a married couple and definitely answered God’s calling of celibacy by carrying out His Will, not theirs. God Bless