Couple laments that it’s difficult to abort their child

The media always tries to find a personal angle to a story. Usually, though, they realize not to try this for the issue of abortion. Best to drown the discussion in euphemisms, right?

Well, the Texas Tribune drove right past those warning signs and released this interview with a Texas couple lamenting how difficult it is to abort their baby. Scary stuff:

My friend Mollie Hemingway said of the video: “I think Texas Tribune tried to make a big pro-choice video but accidentally made a big pro-life video.”

UPDATE: Some have pushed back at me for quoting Mollie’s comments on this video. Neither Mollie nor I were suggesting this was a positive pro-life video. I thought that would have been obvious.

This video is not a parody. It’s an actual interview of a couple in Texas who are upfront about their desire to abort their child. It provides a revealing and scary look at how some people on the other side look at unborn life. It reminds me of our expose video at the Planned Parenthood rally in Chicago two years ago.

If we want to transform our society into a Culture of Life, we first need to better understand it.

Categories:Abortion

66 thoughts on “Couple laments that it’s difficult to abort their child

1. Bob says:

I just called her and offered to adopt her baby. I bet she doesn’t return my call.

2. Mary says:

It’s chilling that our society now believes, “fundamental, basic healthcare” means the right to kill our unborn children. Not only that, they feel this “right” entails having an abortion mill on every corner, so they can enjoy their freedoms with as little inconvenience as possible.

3. Patty says:

Looks like a Planned Parenthood commercial masquerading as a news story. What a phony couple! Pray for their poor child.

4. Christie says:

I’m curious, where is their Texas accents? The man said he grew up in Texas. I’m not buying their story.

1. LFK says:

My daughter moved to Texas, so she doesn’t have a Texan accent, though she has started saying “y’all”. She married a native Texan, who surprisingly also does not have an accent, though his parents do. I have since met other native Texans without accents. Don’t really understand it, but I know from experience it’s possible.

5. Sharon says:

Marni knows her constitutional rights and wants to be sure they are protected! She admits that she did not pay much attention when the debate about this bill took place not far from her office. If we asked her, Marni, why was your abortion appointment canceled, I think she would say it was canceled because of the new law. And if we further asked her, why was that clinic closed, yet two other clinics in Austin were not closed, her honest answer would be that she does not have the slightest idea. Yet she is sure her “constitutional rights” are being violated. This couple is unreal.

6. Sharon says:

Now, let me get this straight. This couple, so cozily holding hands, in considering what to do about the child they created, asked themselves about the health of their relationship. Apparently it isn’t good, because they want to abort. They asked whether they have enough of a foundation to build a loving, happy healthy family. Apparently not. Their incomes? Well it is feast or famine. Let’s see. The woman is 37 and the man is 43. They don’t know how to budget around the “famine” yet? When do they expect to learn? And at 43, John doesn’t feel ready yet. Gee, at what age, exactly, is this gem of a guy going to be ready to take responsibility for the life his sexual activity creates? 80? 90? When does adulthood begin for this guy? I don’t see how this couple isn’t embarrassed for all the world to see how poorly this reflects on the two of them.