2. Okay, we’ll wait for the polls. Obama will probably get a bounce, but I think the momentum edge that Romney had before this debate will survive tonight, gain strength after the final debate, and carry through Election Day. Here’s hoping anyway.
3. Obama is a smooth operator when it comes to the controversial sideshows like guns and birth control. On the economy, Romney schools him every time.
4. I know criticizing the moderator sounds like sour grapes, but wow. Every time Romney got a good head of steam going, Candy Crowley seemed intent on stopping him. At one point when Romney had Obama backed into a corner I thought she was going to run out and cap his knee, Tonya Harding style.
5. Am I the only one that noticed the split-screen cutting half of Romney out of the shot while he was talking so they could show a full shot of Obama sitting in his chair doing nothing? Does each network operate its own split-screen shots?
6. George Will has seen every presidential debate since Kennedy/Nixon in 1960. He just called this debate the best one. Ever. That’s a statement.
7. Overall grades: Obama gets a B+. Romney gets a 8 out of 10. Romney by a field goal.