The HHS mandate is really a tax.
And the IRS will levy this tax on every Catholic school, hospital, and soup kitchen in the United States.
It’s $100 per day, per employee. That’s $36,500 annually — for every employee. There isn’t a single Catholic school anywhere in America that can afford this massive tax.
Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-WI, just authored a new bill to remedy this. It’s called the Religious Freedom Tax Repeal Act or H.R. 6097.
Call your Representative today at 202-224-3121.
Urge them to co-sponsor the Sensenbrenner bill, which will stop the tax on religious freedom!
Why is it so urgent for Catholics to support this bill and stop the notorious HHS tax on religious freedom?
Because as Justice John Marshall once famously said: “The power to tax involves the power to destroy.”
And a $36,500 yearly tax on every employee is a recipe for destroying our cherished Catholic institutions. Now that the Supreme Court gave Obamacare a pass, religious schools and hospitals are counting on you to fight for their freedom.
Pick up the phone. And please call today.
The CatholicVote Legislative Team
NOTE: We will be tracking all those Representatives who come forward and co-sponsor this important legislation. Let us know if your Representative announces support for this bill by emailing us at email@example.com.
Rep. James Sensenbrenner [R-WI5]
1. Rep. Sandy Adams [R-FL24]
2. Rep. Mark Amodei [R-NV2]
3. Rep. Steve Austria [R-OH7]
4. Rep. Diane Black [R-TN6]
5. Rep. Paul Broun [R-GA10]
6. Rep. Michael Burgess [R-TX26]
7. Rep. Francisco “Quico” Canseco [R-TX23]
8. Rep. Steven “Steve” Chabot [R-OH1]
9. Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R-UT3]
10. Rep. Sean Duffy [R-WI7]
11. Rep. Michael Fitzpatrick [R-PA8]
12. Rep. Randy Forbes [R-VA4]
13. Rep. Jeffrey Fortenberry [R-NE1]
14. Rep. Virginia Foxx [R-NC5]
15. Rep. Trent Franks [R-AZ2]
16. Rep. Elton Gallegly [R-CA24]
17. Rep. John “Phil” Gingrey [R-GA11]
18. Rep. Louis Gohmert [R-TX1]
19. Rep. Robert “Bob” Goodlatte [R-VA6]
20. Rep. Trey Gowdy [R-SC4]
21. Rep. Tim Griffin [R-AR2]
22. Rep. Gregg Harper [R-MS3]
23. Rep. Bill Huizenga [R-MI2]
24. Rep. Darrell Issa [R-CA49]
25.Rep. Jim Jordan [R-OH4]
26.Rep. Steve King [R-IA5]
27. Rep. Jack Kingston [R-GA1]
28. Rep. Adam Kinzinger [R-IL11]
29. Rep. James Lankford [R-OK5]
30. Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer [R-MO9]
31. Rep. Daniel Lungren [R-CA3]
32. Rep. Donald Manzullo [R-IL16]
33. Rep. Thomas Marino [R-PA10]
34. Rep. Candice Miller [R-MI10]
35. Rep. Mick Mulvaney [R-SC5]
36. Rep. Richard Nugent [R-FL5]
37. Rep. Devin Nunes [R-CA21]
38. Rep. Mike Pence [R-IN6]
39. Rep. Thomas “Tom” Petri [R-WI6]
40. Rep. Joseph Pitts [R-PA16]
41. Rep. Ted Poe [R-TX2]
42. Rep. Tom Price [R-GA6]
43. Rep. Ben Quayle [R-AZ3]
44. Rep. Reid Ribble [R-WI8]
45. Rep. Todd Rokita [R-IN4]
46. Rep. Thomas Rooney [R-FL16]
47. Rep. Paul Ryan [R-WI1]
48. Rep. Robert “Bobby” Schilling [R-IL17]
49. Rep. Jean Schmidt [R-OH2]
50. Rep. Peter “Pete” Sessions [R-TX32]
51. Rep. John Shimkus [R-IL19]
52. Rep. John Sullivan [R-OK1]
53. Rep. Lee Terry [R-NE2]
54. Rep. Frederick “Fred” Upton [R-MI6]
55. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland [R-GA3]
56. Rep. Frank Wolf [R-VA10]