In an interview with Fox News, former Baywatch star and Playboy Playmate Donna D’Errico talked about her recent hiking trip to Mount Arrarat, where she traveled to fulfil a lifelong dream of searching for Noah’s Ark.

D’Errico says she’s wanted to search for the Ark since she was a child in Catholic School. So when the inevitable subject of religion and questionable choices she made in the past came up, D’Errico put her perspective on things in no uncertain terms:

FOX411: Do you consider yourself a religious person?

DD: Absolutely. I don’t like the term spiritual because I think that’s a cop out. Either you’re religious or you’re not. There’s no spiritual, it’s a silly term that’s become a catchall phrase. If you’re not religious you’re not religious. What does spiritual mean? I go to Mass every Sunday and I pray the rosary every night with my kids.

FOX411: You say you went to Catholic school. Were your parents disappointed when you posed for Playboy?

DD: Listen, I’ve made mistakes and choices in my past that I wouldn’t make today. That’s a chapter in my life that I’ve closed the door on. It seems to me like another person. It’s not who I am today.

It’d be tough to live with a past like hers. Formerly married to Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx, D’Errico’s reputation for being a wild girl isn’t exactly a secret. Being featured in Playboy was, by some accounts, not the greatest of her indiscretions.

But that’s what makes this story so compelling. That she goes to Mass every Sunday is impressive enough, but there are plenty of Sunday Mass-goers who then go out campaigning for pro-abortion Democrats. (For the record, D’Errico is a die-hard Ron Paul fan.) But the fact that she prays the rosary every night with her kids, that’s what really told me this is a woman who has turned her life around.

The rosary is an extremely potent weapon against spiritual darkness. It’s never been my favorite devotion, but it’s one I keep returning to because of its unmistakable and transformative power. It would be very difficult to say the rosary every day and not be changed by it. If you call on her, Mary, the model of purity and human goodness simply gets involved in your life in ways you can’t comprehend. She brings about miraculous conversions. It’s happened in my own family. She fortifies us against our sinful nature, and obtains abundant graces from her Divine Son. And she is so willing, so eager to help us if we will only ask.

I don’t know much about Donna D’Errico’s specific beliefs, or how faithful she is in her Catholicism. But I know Mary’s power, and that’s enough to tell me she’s on the right track. And I don’t think D’Errico is just spouting niceties about the Catholic religion. Have another look at her photo. That’s a miraculous medal she’s wearing.

There’s nothing more impressive to me than a good conversion (or in this case, reversion) story. Good for her, and Deo gratias.

Categories:Featured

29 thoughts on “Former Playboy Playmate Searches For Noah’s Ark, Prays the Rosary “Every Night” With Her Kids

1. Bawsman says:

Good for this lady.

2. Charles says:

HUMBLY, permit me to give an example how Jesus hear us and also amazingly participate in our life if we through the heart allow him to do so:

I was employed as a general manager.
    I wanted a new contract at the age of 32,in order to secure my future.
    I was refused this opportunity.
    I was married with a son of 9 years old.
    I had no capital, or enough money to start my own business.
    I was full of self esteem within me, and through the reputation which I built,and my general rich and vast experience in the domestic services.I decided to have my own business.
    My wife never supported me.
    I always had a great faith in my beliefe,and although I was only a Sunday relgious person, I was convinced that I had a genuine SUPPORTER: GOD.
    On my first day of work while on the way in my car,as I couldn’t afford to by the appropriate transport.
    I talked to God, like I am talking to you, and I said:

God I know that you have given me talents, I am doing this because I believe in you, I also know that I am not going to be employed again with anybody except with MYSELF. I would definitely not starve to death. I am only aiming to live a decent life. I do not want to lose my only SOUL, and I am doing this, ONLY BECAUSE I KNOW FOR SURE THAT WHENEVER I AM NOT IN ANY WAY CAPABLE, YOU DO YOUR PART.

SINCE THEN:

At one stage I was responsible for at lest 8 families.

I achieved a turnover of 500 000 dollars WHICH WAS A HIGH ONE in relation to my small general carpentary business.

Today, facing retirement, I could well percieve that God did his part as well, for the simple reason, that my work is BEING MANIFESTED ON THE HIGHEST SPOT OF MY COUNTRY, WHERE I LIVE, IT IS ALSO IN THE HIGHEST HYSTORICAL BUILDING, WHICH IS ONE OF THE JEWELS OF EUROPE.

THAT WAS THE CAKE NOW FOR THE ICING:

FEW MONTHS AGO,MY ARCHITECTS INFORMED ME THAT A PARTICULAR PROJECT OF WHICH I WAS ENTRUSTED TO DO THE WOODWORK, WHICH IS ALSO A 600 YEARS OLD HYSTORICAL BUILDING, HAD BEEN REWARDED, THE COSA NOSTRA EUORPEAN REWARD.

AND TO SMILE:

WITHOUT ANY COMERCIAL OF ANY KIND THROUGHOUT MY BUSINESS EXPERIENCE, RECENTLY I RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM A PERSON IN FRANCE, TO DO SOME WOODWORK IN HIS APPARTMENT WHICH HE BOUGHT IN MY COUNTRY AS A SUMMER RESORT.

THANK YOU JESUS I NEVER DOUBTED YOU. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, WITH ALL MY MIND,AND WITH ALL MY STRENGT,AND I LOVE MY NEIGHBOUR AS MYSELF!!

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

3. Fr. JP says:

The Blessed Virgin was right! When she gave the Rosary to St. Dominic she promised that it would destroy every darkness and heresy in the hearts of those pray it devoutly. Good for you, Donna! Stay close to the Blessed Virgin. You’re a good person bearing a great witness to the re-creative powers of grace!

4. Charles says:

I was employed as a general manager.
    I wanted a new contract at the age of 32,in order to secure my future.
    I was refused this opportunity.
    I was married with a son of 9 years old.
    I had no capital, or enough money to start my own business.
    My wife never supported me.
    I talked to God, like I am talking to you, and I said:

SINCE THEN:

At one stage I was responsible for at lest 8 families.

THAT WAS THE CAKE NOW FOR THE ICING:

FEW MONTHS AGO,MY ARCHITECTS INFORMED ME THAT A PARTICULAR PROJECT OF WHICH I WAS ENTRUSTED TO DO THE WOODWORK, WHICH IS ALSO A 600 YEARS OLD HYSTORICAL BUILDING, HAD BEEN REWARDED, I HOPE THE TITLE IS RIGHT,THE “COSA NOSTRA” EUORPEAN REWARD.

AND TO SMILE:

WITHOUT ANY COMERCIAL OF ANY KIND THROUGHOUT MY BUSINESS EXPERIENCE, RECENTLY I RECEIVED A FOREIGN PHONE CALL FROM A PERSON IN FRANCE, TO DO SOME WOODWORK IN HIS APPARTMENT WHICH HE BOUGHT IN MY COUNTRY AS A SUMMER RESORT.

THANK YOU JESUS I NEVER DOUBTED YOU. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, WITH ALL MY MIND,AND WITH ALL MY STRENGTH,AND I LOVE MY NEIGHBOUR AS MYSELF!!

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

5. Ric says:

Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future. Did I get it right?

6. Vincentius says:

Here is definitive proof of the power of the holy Rosary. No words can express what transformation brings to a person who prays the Rosary daily (even occasionally). Her past is forgotten (as we understand she has truly repented) and is not remembered by God any longer. We must call this to mind when at the Last Judgment, when we are all called to account for what we did here on earth (written in the Book of Life), we will see no mention of what Donna did during her perfidious life.