It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- CVRH 11: Paul Kengor, a Pope, a President, and Thanksgiving!
- LOOP: Little Sisters are heading back to court
- Ten Reasons Why I Hate Birth Control: A Womanifesto
- LOOP: Religious liberty under attack in Massachusetts
- CatholicVote.org Candidate Fund Endorses Rosendale for Senate
- LOOP: Al Franken says he won’t resign
- Someone make it stop
- LOOP: Democrat Senator shown groping TV host
- CVRH 10: Josh Craddock, Sex and Politics, Taylor Swift, and Obamacare
- LOOP: Poll shows Moore down 12 points