It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- Sorry Catholic Left, but Pope Francis wants us to be Culture Warriors for Life and Marriage.
- Trump-Support Need Not Be an Internal Threat to the Church
- Donald Trump’s path to victory runs through Catholic America
- Make America Drink Again
- CV LOOP: Budget deal likely to prevent government shutdown
- Jim Caviezel of ‘The Passion of the Christ’ and ‘Person of Interest’ Speaks Movingly of Faith in Hollywood
- CV LOOP: Clinton and Trump clash in bitter debate
- 20 Quick Thoughts on the Debate.
- Who remembers Cecil the Lion? [We forget things quickly]
- CV LOOP: Trump surging with white Catholics