It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- 20 Quick Thoughts on the Debate.
- CV LOOP: Trump surging with white Catholics
- Five Questions with Joseph Cella
- New poll shows Trump surging with white Catholics
- Think the bishops are afraid to confront pro-choice Catholic politicians? Think again.
- CV LOOP: Trump announces 33 Catholic advisers
- How Trump’s Campaign Became More Pro-Life than Trump
- 62%?! Perhaps time for a different tactic.
- CV LOOP: Protesters get violent in Charlotte
- CV Offline Book Club: ‘All the Light We Cannot See’