It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- Greg Thornbury, Lou Barletta v Bob Casey, #MeToo Madness & #March4Life
- LOOP: Trump to address March for Life via livestream
- Planned Parenthood Is Right: We Should ‘Invest’ in a ‘New Generation’
- LOOP: Leaders of sanctuary cities could be prosecuted
- LOOP: Bannon to testify before House panel
- Dear Planned Parenthood: Stop Killing All of My Son’s Friends!
- Trump, immigration, and Chesterton
- LOOP: President says Democrats won’t negotiate on DACA
- Can a ‘Bill of Love’ Make America Great Again?
- LOOP: Trump’s immigration comments cause a stir