It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- CV LOOP: Trump can remake federal courts
- If you like snow and horses and the Mother of God, you will like this.
- CV LOOP: Trump softens stance on deporting young immigrants
- CV LOOP: Angela Merkel calls for burka ban
- CV LOOP: Notre Dame not sure about inviting Trump
- Poland Proclaims Hope, Belgium Despairs, and America Must Choose
- CV LOOP: Trump upsets China in call with Taiwan
- CV LOOP: Obama calls for registering women for the draft
- CV LOOP: TV stars attacked for their pastor’s views
- Advent and the Politics of Hope