It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- Father Jacques Hamel: World Youth Day Attendees React to Islamist Murder of French Priest
- Tim Kaine’s Shocking Position on Gun Control
- CV LOOP: Hillary promotes pro-abortion platform in nomination speech
- The Burden of a Catholic Sports Fan
- Proclaim the Prince of Peace
- CV LOOP: Speaker at Democrat convention bragged about her abortion
- Bishop Tobin on ‘Pope Francis Catholic’ Tim Kaine: Um no.
- CV LOOP: Kaine now backs taxpayer funding of abortion
- A French Martyr, and the West in Denial
- Pope Francis’ Speaks Bold Words at World Youth Day