It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- Indiana Jones and the Jars of Cana
- ‘The Young Pope’ and the Trump-ification of Media Coverage
- #KillingAfrica: This Petition Could Defund the World’s Biggest Abortion Provider
- Four Ways the Obama Legacy Will Backfire
- Break Your Silence: Speak About Amoris Laetitia!
- CV LOOP: Trump vows healthcare ‘for everybody’
- This photo is too funny
- CV LOOP: Speaker: Fund federal community health centers, not Planned Parenthood
- CV LOOP: Senate passes first stage of Obamacare repeal
- Goodbye to all that