It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- Playing the Victim
- Why Trump Scares Them
- CV LOOP: Reporter claims Scalia’s death “preserved democracy”
- Reading the Bible: An Act of Protest
- CV LOOP: First baby born with DNA of three people
- Sorry Catholic Left, but Pope Francis wants us to be Culture Warriors for Life and Marriage.
- Trump-Support Need Not Be an Internal Threat to the Church
- Donald Trump’s path to victory runs through Catholic America
- Make America Drink Again
- CV LOOP: Budget deal likely to prevent government shutdown