It’s not that I think a national background check on gun purchases is a bad idea. Nor is that I think it’s really necessary to own a semi-automatic assault rifle or that the right to purchase one is intrinsic to the Second Amendment. I don’t think either of these things and based on that, I find the actual policy proposals of President Obama regarding guns to be fairly benign. What is troubling, if unsurprising, is what’s omitted and its solutions that might actually matter and it’s an honest conversation about all facets of gun violence in this country.
- How Could Liberals Have Been So Wrong?
- CV LOOP: Trump administration asks for delay in HHS fight
- Why the Trump administration might be delaying HHS fight
- Democrats to Catholics: Get Lost
- CV LOOP: Trump drops demand for border wall funding
- CV LOOP: DNC chair Tom Perez says all Dems must support abortion
- Babies ‘R’ Us
- CV LOOP: House GOP announces new health care plan
- CV LOOP: Supreme Court hears religious liberty case
- Trump, the Syrian Strike, and the Catholic Principle of Subsidiarity