The Video You’ve Been Waiting For: Pope Benedict Tweets From His iPad!

Did you ever think you’d see this?

Today the Vatican published www.News.Va. To celebrate, Pope Benedict sent out his first tweet (which, as you can see, I happily re-tweeted):

Even more of a treat – this unedited video (via Rome Reports) of Pope Benedict sitting down to view the new Vatican news portal on an iPad:

What a cool pope.

11 thoughts on “The Video You’ve Been Waiting For: Pope Benedict Tweets From His iPad!

1. Sandra Gray says:

We are so lucky to have a very Holy Pope, very clever, and willing to learn the latest in IT. Love you Holy Father.

Sandra

2. Chloe says:

this is amazing! I never thought I would RT the Holy Father.
    Well, maybe in 30 years after Twitter became the new MySpace, but… :)

3. The Crescat says:

I’ve been anxiously awaiting every since they unveiled that teaser @ the Vatican Blog meeting.

4. Davide says:

Whoop! Whoop! Hands in the air for Benedict!! He is totally cool. As for me I am the perfect paradigm of the uncool, I never “tweeted” my entire life. I have been know to “chirp” after a bottle of rosso and about 8 beers (long story, oldest sisters wedding reception. Trust me you don’t want to know, I was in hot water with her for a week after)

1. Linda says:

Hey Davide- it’s never to late to tweet! If the Holy Father can do it, so can you! http://exm.nr/jUWHiz

5. Rachel says:

I love this Holy Father!! How cool! Thanks for keeping us informed.

6. MichaelB says:

Wow! This is awesome news! Thanks for sharing this with us, Thomas!