The Worst Thing Ever? The Purity Host Dispenser

I’m still not convinced this is real. I hope it is not. But I fear it is.

Have you ever worried so much about picking up germs from receiving Communion that you decided to invent an awkward, pez-like dispenser to remove any possibility of human contact between you and the minister of Communion?

Me neither.

But someone did and, well, see for yourself:

Apparently this video was uploaded three years ago. Two years ago the makers of the product tried to defend its existence. They said:

“This [purity host dispenser] is necessary in order to prevent transmission of disease and the like. Some fear contagion through´╗┐ the handling involved in distributing the hosts. Hope this answers your question.”

The comment was voted down so many times it’s now hidden.

Seriously, worst thing ever.

Screen shot 2013-05-03 at 11.37.43 AM

Categories:Humor Liturgy

43 thoughts on “The Worst Thing Ever? The Purity Host Dispenser

1. Janet Baker says:

Note the lack of Corpus on the cross, lack of kneelers, etc. With these indicators I doubt this is a Catholic church. This might be some episcopalian or other protestant service – I sure hope so!

2. Kevin G says:

I’d lay generous odds that it’s a Protestant church and service.

3. Ann says:

This is Episcopalian, right?

4. John Drake says:

It would appear this is not a Catholic Mass nor a Catholic church. Not the corpus-less cross. The words the minister speaks are completely unfamiliar. The vestments are wrong. I’d guess it’s some variant of Lutheran.

5. Subvet says:

I see a cross, not a crucifix behind the altar. I see the small dixie cups used to dispense the Precious Blood in the same manner as I experienced in Protestant Churches. My hearing doesn’t allow for knowing whats actually said by the celebrant so if the following is a stupid question, thats why.

Is this actually a Catholic Mass or some other denomination holding it’s worship service?

6. Gary says:

I hope that’s not a Catholic church in the video.