The Worst Thing Ever? The Purity Host Dispenser

I’m still not convinced this is real. I hope it is not. But I fear it is.

Have you ever worried so much about picking up germs from receiving Communion that you decided to invent an awkward, pez-like dispenser to remove any possibility of human contact between you and the minister of Communion?

Me neither.

But someone did and, well, see for yourself:

Apparently this video was uploaded three years ago. Two years ago the makers of the product tried to defend its existence. They said:

“This [purity host dispenser] is necessary in order to prevent transmission of disease and the like. Some fear contagion through the handling involved in distributing the hosts. Hope this answers your question.”

The comment was voted down so many times it’s now hidden.

Seriously, worst thing ever.

Screen shot 2013-05-03 at 11.37.43 AM

Categories:Humor Liturgy

43 thoughts on “The Worst Thing Ever? The Purity Host Dispenser

1. Elsa says:

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You’re wonderful!
    Thanks!

2. Alexis says:

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on
    the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your
    site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

3. Joseph Anthony says:

Isn’t this a similar idea to the fistula? In and of itself, a machine to dispense the Eucharist in a dignified and safe way is not a bad idea. The problem with this machine is that it only works with communion in the hand. The Eastern Churches’ silver spoon is better.

4. ozonoterapia says:

These laws are set in place to protect both the customer and any wandering about children.

Anomalous areas on ground are some showcases to check.

5. Clara Vitale says:

The consta ratead host is the Body And blood of Jesús , no longer corruptible food, see the Eucarísticos Miracles.

6. Carlie says:

Our Lady, the Virgin Mary, Our Lord’s Mother, told someone that she was sad that we were taking the Host in our hands and not receiving it on our knees and on our tongue because it is very Holy and only the priest should touch the Host. To distribute the Host with this “purity host dispenser” is taking a part of the sacred sense of the holy Host distribution away. (It is my humble opinion.) I don’t think this is constructive and right. Jesus isn’t candy, He is life.