VIDEO: Priest to IRS-You Can’t Stop Us

Today is the first day of the Fortnight for Freedom, and a great day for priests to remember: The Constitution doesn’t say you can’t say what you want from the pulpit.

In fact, the Constitution says you can’t be silenced at your pulpit.

A friend sent this excellent “Pulpit Freedom Sunday” homily by Father Andrew Kemberling.

Appropriately he is at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, in Centennial, Colorado. The fortnight starts today, on the vigil of More’s feast, and lasts until July 4.

Categories:Liturgy Politics Religious Liberty Video

42 thoughts on “VIDEO: Priest to IRS-You Can’t Stop Us

1. John Yox says:

Thank you and God bless you, Ralph B., for such a clear-thinking, morally profound commentary.

2. jeanne izzo says:

Great ! The MEMBERS in all churches should begin speaking out.

3. JOYCE B. HAMMAN says:

IT IS A MUST THAT WE HEAR MORE ABOUT WHAT OBAMA IS DOING WRONG AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT. HE HAS TO BE STOPPED. I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM BUT SO MANY CATHOLICS DID AND HOW LOOK WHAT IS HAPPENIN. PRAYER PRAYR.

4. Paul Rosenthal says:

Given the liberal-progressivist bias of our bishops and priests (roughly 80%, I believe), politics from the pulpit is a dangerous thing. On the other hand, teaching Catholic doctrine (truths) and Scriptural truths is a good thing. Had that been done over the last six decades, our culture would be more moral and our government would be comprised of people who would reflect that morality and the first principles of a democratic republic – as set forth in our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution.

It can never be good to cede our morality to a Caesar, Chavez, Hitler, Stalin or Obama. Our Priests and Protestant ministers must cease doing that and go on offense to restore morality to our culture. That would have a beneficial political effect – restoration of our freedoms, revitalization of our economy and renewal of our democratic republic – a nation under “law” instead of a nation under “man.”

Our courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, have become political policymakers – supreme “legislators.”

5. Adam says:

I believe that we should have this freedom of speech from the pulpit, and I applaud it. I also know we need to be obedient to the church and use great wisdom and responsibility in our speech. I also know that the priest in this case did not speak to me about the gospel of Christ and related his homily to the word. if I am going to a mass, I want to know how the word of god affects my life, and then one may add some of the “political” relationship to the word, or proceed to offer this speech I an environment that is not around the liturgy of the Eucharist.

1. Ralph B. says:

without freedom of speech from the pulpit you will not be able to stick to strict formula for a homily. The first generation of Christians had to worry about being beheaded or thrown to the lions and they gave witness to Jesus by giving their lives or freedom but this generation of liberal democrat and socialist controlled group of priests and bishops are more afraid of losing their tax-exempt status. Perhaps you are one of them. Hear this, all national Democrats have lost their conscience and voted for abortion, against the born alive infant protection act and for same sex sodomy. I left the Democrat party because of abortion long before they aligned with the devil on everything and I mean everything else.

God bless you