We stand with Richard Mourdock

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 24, 2012
Contact: Joshua Mercer, mercer@catholicvote.org

We Stand with Richard Mourdock

CHICAGO – Joshua Mercer, Executive Director of the CatholicVote.org Candidate Fund, issued the following statement:

“At the Indiana Senate debate, Richard Mourdock explained his strong commitment to protecting all innocent human life.

“Richard Mourdock is right: Rape is horrible. It is a deplorable evil and all efforts must be made to bring the criminal to justice. Victims should always be treated the utmost love and compassion.

“A child conceived in rape still deserves legal protections like all children. No child should be punished for the crime of her father.

“Joe Donnelly is trying to twist Richard Mourdock’s words to make it sound like Mourdock claimed God intended rape to happen. Joe Donnelly is practicing politics at its absolute worst. He is intentionally distorting Mourdock’s words to score political points. Hoosiers deserve much better than the shameful tactics of Joe Donnelly.

“Now there can be no doubt that Catholics in Indiana have only one pro-life candidate for the United States Senate. The men and women of CatholicVote.org are proud to stand with Richard Mourdock.”

107 thoughts on “We stand with Richard Mourdock

1. Why do you think life begins at conception. I’m Catholic and that’s not what I think. Can you people clue me in?

2. Catholic Voter says:

I am Catholic and I vote. I vote for pro-choice candidates. I made THE choice in 1989, not the voting choice, the abortion choice. How dare anyone say that any woman or girl, especially in the case of rape, should not have the absolute RIGHT to decide what is best for herself, her health, her life. I have three children, three daughters. I have been pregnant 5 times. Pregnancy is hard, physically, emotionally, financially. Vote for Choice! Protect the lives of your sisters, your daughters and your friends!

1. ragingcatholic says:

Did your choice look like this?

3. Gary says:

CatholicVote, always standing strong with the Rapeublican Party. Romney! Mourdock! Akin! 2012!

1. Christine says:

I get all my information from the Daily Kos. I have no need to search any further for the truth.I wouldn’t know how to anyway. It’s lucky I can even read. You can tell I received a public education.

4. This is like saying “we stand with Ted Bundy”

1. Papal Marriage Laws says:

Tsk, tsk, Paul Davis- proven liar and deceiver. Follower of Satan.

5. Jay Sue says:

Jay Sue “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.”
    Jeremiah 1:5
    These are God’s words to us. He has always known who would be children in the womb and He knows each of us by name. Even in cases of rape and incest, He always knew the child would come into existence. It is God alone who creates the child and God alone who gives the child a soul at the moment of conception. This is exactly how I interpreted Mr. Mourdock’s comments to mean that it is God’s will for every child to be born. I think it is sad that for political purposes people are distancing themselves from this stance for life. God knows the truth. It is just another example of Christian persecution. I admire his position and courage to share the pro-life message.

1. Russell Lewis says:

Thank you, Jay Sue, for one of the most beautiful and educational comments on this blog. I hope you post this again and again for all to read. We can all learn from this.

2. Papal Marriage Laws says:

I also needed to learn this. It has made me think and I don’t do that often enough.

3. Tranx says:

Thought provoking. I will give this some thought.